The board room is the hub of any business. It’s the place where ideas take shape, projects are planned and innovation begins. And the board room itself is innovating– technology is changing the way we use it. Tools like SMART Boards – interactive white boards – are encouraging more productivity, more efficiency and more collaboration in the workplace. But why use a SMART Board in the board room? How does using a SMART Board impact on business, and what benefits are there for you?
Running projects successfully requires everyone to be able to engage on the same level, but traditional methods employed in the board room, such as PowerPoint presentations or flipcharts, tend to be one-way and don’t allow opportunity for true collaboration. Using a SMART Board in the board room helps facilitate collaborative activities such as process mapping, analysis and brainstorming, meaning you can plan your projects and set action goals much more easily, while keeping everyone on board and ensuring your team understands the brief.
Using SMART Boards in the board room also has benefits for global partnerships. No longer do you need to travel vast distances to communicate, or rely on email to share data and make decisions. SMART Boards allow you to share and update ideas within your team whether they are in the board room or spread across the globe.
Using a SMART Board, everyone sees the same data wherever they are and can write over and highlight documents, and save and share them for future use. Some of the benefits of using SMART Boards in the board room include:
- More effective, efficient meetings where you can plan, share, analyse and modify projects with less chance of any misunderstanding
- Improved communication and true collaboration, wherever your colleagues are based
- Reduced costs – less need to travel and more time to focus on your business
- Faster completion of projects as decisions can be made instantly rather than requiring multiple meetings and travel to and from partners’ premises
- Improved record keeping – no need for a note taker as all SMART Board sessions can be recorded, saved and shared
Using SMART Boards in the board room has huge benefits for business, whatever industry you are in. If you would like to achieve better results in your business call us today on 0118 336 0010 to find out how SMART Boards can benefit you, and to arrange a free demonstration.